Food retailers have developed evaluation systems for their suppliers to ensure that the final consumer receives safe, quality products. Certification according to these schemes is a key element of large international retailers' product selection process.
What is BRC?
BRC (British Retail Consortium) certification schemes are food quality and safety standards developed by British retailers. They are a requirement which many retail brands demand of their suppliers, mainly in the UK but also in Europe and North America: Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, among others.
BRC Global Standards:
- BRC Global Standard for Food Safety for Food Manufacturing
- BRC Consumer Products (toys, electrical appliances, kitchenware, DIY products and cosmetics)
- BRC Containers and Packaging Materials
- BRC Storage and Distribution
- Helps communication with the distribution chain parties through the BRC Directory
- Conveys trust to clients and consumers as it is a world renowned food safety certification
- Contributes to placing safe and quality food on the market
- Helps compliance with food legislation for each type of product
Why with Applus+ Certification?
Applus+ Certification is an independent and renowned entity that aims to help organizations achieve their commitment to continuous improvement.
We analyze the clients' needs so that our auditors, who are specialists in each field, perform a service that provides the maximum value evaluating your organization's compliance.
Our teams develop specific certification plans according to our clients' structure, processes and activities.
Our international presence, extensive product portfolio, and accreditations allow us to offer global and expert service,