WHO CAN BE CERTIFIED?
Any company affected by Royal Decree-Law 6/2019, of March 1, on urgent measures to guarantee equal treatment and opportunities between women and men in employment and occupation, is legally or conventionally obliged to develop and implement an equality plan.
This certification is applicable to companies that:
- Are included in article 1.2. of the Workers' Statute, regardless of the number of workers on the payroll, given that they are obliged to respect equal treatment and opportunities in the workplace. To this end, they must adopt measures both to avoid labour discrimination between women and men and promote working conditions that prevent sexual harassment.
- Have 50 or more employees, they must draw up and implement an equality plan, with the scope and content provided by the legislation.
- Are included in article 45.3 and 4 of Organic Law 3/2007.
- Are obliged by collective bargaining agreement to draw up and implement an equality plan.
- Voluntarily wish to comply with the equality objectives indicated in this guide.
The Applus Private Equality Plan System includes all the principles and requirements established by the legislation, as well as specific issues and requirements that Applus considers necessary to ensure the effectiveness of each equality plan, ensuring that they provide maximum value in any type of organization.
The objectives are:
- To guarantee effective equality for women and men in their treatment and opportunity in employment and occupation.
- To comply with Royal Decree 901/2020, of October 13, which regulates equality plans and their registration and amends Royal Decree 713/2010, of May 28, on the registration and deposit of collective bargaining agreements.
- To include all the application requirements and complementary control measures that ensure compliance with the equality objectives established by the organization.
- To ensure that the company has developed an effective equality plan and that all the actions and measures identified in it are implemented.
- To be able to give visibility, to third parties, of the implementation of an effective equality plan, through the use of the A+ certification mark.
Why with Applus+ Certification?
Applus+ Certification is an independent entity of recognized prestige that aims to help organizations and companies achieve their commitments to their different stakeholders.
We analyse the needs of our clients so that our auditors can provide a service that provides maximum value in the audits of the certification of the Equality Plan. We act under the principles of independence and impartiality and help clients, with this certification, to give legal compliance in terms of equality and ensure that an effective equality plan model is implemented at all levels.