Applus+ is a pioneering provider of certification services under Chile’s new NCh3262:2012 standard, which relates to gender equality and work-life balance management systems. Companies and other organisations achieving certification are awarded the Chilean government’s Equality Certification Seal by the National Women’s Service (SERNAM).
The implementation of a management system incorporating gender equality and work-life balance is a strategic decision for any organisation wishing to rise to the new challenges posed by today’s changing demographics, lifestyles and mentalities. A management style that strives for equality of opportunity between men and women necessarily implies a modernisation of organisational systems.
The NCh3262:2012 standard defines the requirements of gender equality and work-life balance management systems on the basis of co-responsibility, helping an organisation to enhance its efficiency and effectiveness while promoting the greater engagement, development and wellbeing of its people.
This standard is of relevance to any organisation, regardless of size or sphere of activity, aiming to:
- Improve its capacity to attract, develop and retain the best people
- Enhance the performance and motivation of its people, with a knock-on effect on productivity
- Reach, and remain at, the cutting-edge within its sector
- Demonstrate its commitment to the international principles of equal rights and equal opportunities for women and men alike
- Promote the value of mixed teams and their positive impact on organisational culture
- Demonstrate compliance with this standard through the certification and registration of its gender equality and work-life balance management system by a body specialising in systems certification.
Compliance with this standard is entirely voluntary and an organisation can choose simply to apply it internally or to seek independent certification. That said, organisations opting to certify under NCh3262-2012 are awarded the Equality Certification Seal by SERNAM. This is a public show of approval that sets them apart not only in Chile, but at a global level.