The information that a company handles and safeguards is one of its main assets, but this extensive confidential or sensitive data must be protected – remaining secure while accessible at the same time.
An Information Security Management System (ISMS) allows organizations to know, manage and minimize the risks related to information security systematically and efficiently. The proper implementation and certification of this scheme offers a guarantee of confidentiality, integrity and availability of stored data.
The certification of an Information Security Management System improves the efficiency of a company while generating confidence amongst its customers. Currently, the most recognized international standard for managing information security is ISO 27001:2017. It was developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 2005 with the aim of ensuring information security in companies. The scheme was revised in 2017 in response to the needs detected during its first years of use.
What are the objectives of ISMI according to ISO 27001?
- To protect information and ensure its security.
- To identify the risks derived from the storage of information.
- To facilitate understanding of the standard and its integration with other management systems.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001?
- Minimization of the risks inherent to information security (data loss, theft, corruption, etc.).
- Assurance of legal compliance.
- Reduction of costs and better process performance.
- Higher customer confidence through ensuring good management of the data entrusted to the organization (thanks to being internationally recognized).
- A competitive advantage for the company
- Higher motivation for staff, more aware of the importance of data security
- Improvement in the efficiency of the organization.
Who is the ISO 27001 standard aimed at?
Any company, regardless of its size or activity, can certify its ISMS in accordance with ISO 27001:2017. At present, this standard particularly stands out in companies dedicated to information technology services, as well as insurance companies, retailers, transportation companies, governments, etc.
Why getting ISO 27001 certificate with Applus+ Certification?
Applus+ Certification is an independent entity with recognized prestige, that aims to help organizations achieve their commitment to continuous improvement. We analyze the needs of our clients so that our auditors and specialists in each sector of activity can provide a service that provides maximum value when assessing compliance in your organization.
We have teams that develop specific certification plans based on the structure, processes and activities of our clients. Our international presence, extensive product portfolio and accreditations allow us to provide a global, expert service tailored to the needs of your organization.