The ISO 22716 standard provides the rules for the production, control, storage and shipment of cosmetics. These guidelines address aspects relating to the management of human, technical and administrative factors that affect the quality of products. The good manufacturing practices (GMP) constitute in practice the concept of quality assurance and are based in sound scientific criteria and risks assessments. The objective of these GMP guidelines is to define the activities that can produce a product that complies with the defined characteristics.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Implementing this Standard is voluntary; however, the key advantages it provides recommend its implementation:
- Danger and risk control. The ISO 22716 standard certification guarantees the implementation of suitable manufacturing practices for controlling the risks and dangers associated with cosmetics. This ensures continuous improvement throughout the entire supply chain and guarantees the well-being of consumers.
- Supply chain management. As any other internationally recognised standard, the ISO 22716 standard certification allows your organisation to manage quality and safety compliance throughout the supply chain of your cosmetics.
- Regulatory and legal compliance. Guaranteeing that the organisation complies with the Good Manufacturing Practices required by the 1223/2009 Regulation.
- Implementation and integration. Organisations of all sizes and degrees of complexity can adopt the implementation of the ISO 22716 standard, which also integrates well with other standards such as ISO 9001.
- Benefits for clients. Improves the image of the products on offer. Builds trust between clients and consumers. Provides access to new markets through an internationally recognised standard.
CAN YOUR COMPANY BE CERTIFIED?
The ISO 22716 standard is aimed at the cosmetics industry. According to the 1223/2009 Regulation (EC), every manufacturer of cosmetics is obliged to implement a system of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and the term of Cosmetics GMP is commonly used to refer to ISO 22716.
WHY CHOOSE CERTIFYING WITH APPLUS+ CERTIFICATION?
Applus+ Certification is the unit of Certification of Management Systems of Applus+. It is based on the principles of independence and impartiality. Our goals are:
- Helping our clients to attain and show their commitment to continuous improvement.
- Certifying that our clients comply with the most stringent regulatory standards by passing second and third party audits.
- Ensuring access to international markets for their products.
We are recognised by the accreditation bodies of the countries in which we operate. To find out more about our accreditations, please visit the following link.