The “S mark”, which was launched last May by Chile’s national tourist board Sernatur, is a new sustainable tourism award aimed at hotels and accommodation services.
The “Sello S” (S Mark) marks out those lodgings striving for environmental, socio-cultural and economic sustainability. It therefore provides visitors with assurances that they are staying in a sustainable establishment, which serves as a differentiating factor in a competitive market.
The S mark is awarded by Chile’s National Board for Sustainable Tourism (MNST) following an examination of evaluations carried out by Sernatur-accredited certification bodies.
At its meeting of 19th December 2013, the MNST conferred this distinction on 33 hotels and accommodation services, including the following ten establishments evaluated and certified by Applus+ Certification:
- La Posada Del Colono, Puerto Octay
- Somerscales Hotel Boutique, Valparaíso
- Hotel Atton El Bosque, Santiago
- Maison Nomade Bed & Breakfast, Pucón
- Hotel Pietra Santa, Capitán Pastene
- Decoart Hotel Boutique, Valparaíso
- Hotel Sutherland House, Valparaíso
- Ñamku Lodge, Pucón
- Happy House Hotel, Santiago
- Complejo Turístico El Roble, San Clemente